Sunday, October 14, 2007

My baby shower




My old work had a baby shower for me on Friday. I still keep in touch with them, they are pretty nice people. So we went to Long Horns Steak House for lunch. I got a bouncy seat, the bottle set I asked for, a cart cover (what a great invention), clothes, diapers, pacifiers, and other odds and ends. It was very fun, but I forgot to bring my camera to that one so I didn't take any pictures.


On Saturday my mother-in law and sister-in law gave me a baby shower with people from church. There was about 20 people there and they all loved the party favor candy bar that I posted last time. I got some more outfits, (Nate will never go naked, at least not till about 2 years old!), a monitor set, blankets, a plastic book that you can put your own pictures in for baby to look at, a boppy, some hot green swim trunks that I love (they are bigger though), a johnny jump up, bowls, cups, spoon/forks, lots of good stuff off the registry. Charlie's wonderful parent got us a 3 drawer dresser that has a changing table on top. It is very nice. We still haven't put the nursery together, but when we do, which will be soon, I'll put some pictures up. There was like 3-4 church outfits for Nate which are soooo cute. I am going to love dressing him up for church! Also Charlie got a basket from his parents, b/c everything is for the mom and not the dad, and it had things to do together with Nate. There are nurf football, basketball, and soccer balls in it. Books, crayons, matching pajama pants that his mother made and a CD of children's songs. I thought it was a very cute idea. Thank you to Mom and Dad Rice and Shoady for a great baby shower and gifts.






















The sign is to put in the yard when Nate is born. We thought that was a cute idea.
So I have run into a few people who think that I a about to "pop"! I didn't think that I was that big, what do you think? That is why I put the 2 pictures up top. I am feeling pretty good for the most part, I get heartburn here and there and really have to watch what I eat. Also my back gets tired, especially the 3 hours at church. Hopefully the next 7 weeks goes by quickly! You probably think I am a dreamer...I am!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had a good, shower filled weekend! Nate's sure to be dressed well :)

Gomez said...

Looks like little Nate is already getting spoiled and he is not even here yet!