Monday, March 24, 2008

Shots! Yuck! (and Easter)

Nate sleeping after his shots


On Saturday, Charlie's mom brought over a cute little Easter outfit. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of him in it, so next Sunday we'll do that. Then on Sunday G&G Rice gave Nate a cute Easter basket filled with baby food, baby juice, rice cereal, and the best thing ever DIAPERS! You can never get enough free diapers. The basket was really cute, it is a frog. I was terrible and didn't take pictures of Easter. Also G&G Rice, Charlie and I decided to play an Easter game. We took raw eggs into the back yard teamed up with one person and got about 8 feet apart from each other. We then threw the eggs back and forth, taking steps back after we threw the egg to see who could throw the farthest without breaking their egg. Charlie and I won against G&G, then Dad Rice and I lost against Charlie and Mom Rice, and Mom Rice and I lost against Charlie. Mom Rice and I had an "iffy" egg, it had cracked lines in it and didn't look too good to begin with. I was the only one that didn't catch the egg and get it all over my hands. It was a fun little game. We really enjoyed it. While we did that Nate just layed in his porta-crib outside and watched his mobil. He is such a good baby. Daddy and Nate


So today we took Nate in for his 4 month check-up, and yup, shots:( He weighed in a at a whopping 12 pounds 10 ounces! He is 24 inches long, and she said he is developing very well. We gave him the Tylenol before his appointment today, hoping that would help him not be so cranky. It has helped, kind of...He wants to be held all day. I put him down for a nap and he stayed in bed for an hour and a half, but then he just wanted to be held again. Hopefully he will get some good sleep tonight. Luckily I am off work tomorrow, so if he doesn't sleep well, I at least have a day to recuperate. Other than that everything is going well. Here are some pictures of Nate today, and some close ups of his cute band-aids. Being a mom is the best!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Streeetch. Glad he did better after the shots this time around.

Post Family said...

I love the picture of Nate sitting on the couch with his toy. So cute!

Tamara said...

he is just too adorable! i say hold off cutting his hair. i just cut Finn's this weekend and he suddenly looks so grown up - it made me kind of sad. love the pictures of the band-aids!